Lending under the «GEFF Tajikistan» project
GEFF Tajikistan provides finance, technical assistance and investment incentives to the private sector to contribute to the country’s sustainable growth. GEFF Tajikistan is а product of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), working in cooperation with the European Union, the Green Climate Fund and the Republic of Коrеа. The Facility operates through Participating Financial institutions, supporting country’s green economy transition, with $25 million of financing for energy and resource efficiency investments. GEFF Tajikistan helps businesses, farmers and households to reduce energy and resource-related costs and improve competitiveness through high performance technologies and practices.
In partnership with the European Union, GEFF Tajikistan offers investment incentives for farmers and businesses across agricultural value chains, investing in modern and efficient equipment and technologies. The technical support is provided by а local GEFF team for various stages of project origination, investment appraisal and project implementation. This helps identify the best solutions and ensures that the investment proposal is technically eligible to be financed under GEFF.
Who is eligible:
The following categories of borrowers can apply to GEFF financing:
Agricultural Value Chains
Commercial | Residential
What is eligible for financing:
Two broad categories of investments are eligible to be financed using GEFF:
- Investments in standard pre-approved high-performing green technologies available on the online Green Technology Selector. The Green Technology Selector is an open list, and adding technically eligible items is free. If you know of an item that meets these technical criteria but is not yet on the list, you may add it here.
- Positively assessed complex investment projects that lead to energy, resource and water savings not less than 20% respectively, as well as the positive environmental effect.
Examples of eligible technologies, including and not limited to the following core eligibility criteria:
|Agricultural Value Chains||Commercial | Residential|
Green economy investments are good for the economy, good for the environment that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, enhance energy and resource efficiency. GEFF benefits for private sector beneficiaries:
- Reduced energy, water and resource consumption and costs
- Better productivity and reliability of equipment
- Increased profitability and competitiveness
- Increased comfort and value of the property
How to apply
- Call us now to the number 92 795 0001 or 52 52 and our specialists will assist you in completing your application, selecting your technology and supplier;
- Visit our nearest branch and submit your application.